"I've learned that finishing a marathon isn't just an athletic achievement.
It's a state of mind; a state of mind that says anything is possible."


SEPTEMBER 18

Created by OnePlusYou

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Unintended Rest/Recovery Week

I didn't come into this week thinking that it would be a rest/recovery week, but that is how it has turned out.

I did get through my workouts Mon, Tues, Wed. Felt really tired Wed night trying to hit mitts. I could only do three rounds (usually I do four) with Tim and that's with a lot of talking in between, too.

Thursday I woke up with a sinus headache and puffy eyes. It took me about 10 minutes of sitting on the edge of my bed debating if I was going to go to the gym or not before I went with the going back to bed. I was really happy I did, too, since we had our science fair at school and I was in charge and it was a HUGE day. Thankfully I didn't have ESL class that night, either, and I went to bed early.

At this point I should mention that I have really been working on my left knee, quad, hip. I have been doing PT exercises and icing and stretching, and it feels ok, but it has been waking me up in the night for some ibu.

Friday is one of my usual rest days. I considered going to boxing last night, but by the time I got home (pooped out from Valentine's Day parties, scrambling to get grades in since the system will down this weekend, presenting the science fair awards) and got my head on it was almost time for the Olympics coverage to begin.

And here it is Saturday. I have a workshop to get certified as an amatuer boxing judge today that starts at 9. The original plan was to get up and hit the treadmill for an hour from 7-8. I did get up at 6:30. But you know that feeling you get about a day before a muscle strain resolves? I have that feeling in the left leg this morning.

Tomorrow would also be a recovery day so I think by Monday I can go long on the treadmill and see how the leg feels.

Sometimes I have to remind myself of the fact that I really want to GET to the starting line of TOU ready to give a good effort and feeling like I can do the whole 26.2. So it's ok to take the time now to work out the kinks (literally and figuratively).

No comments:

Post a Comment