"I've learned that finishing a marathon isn't just an athletic achievement.
It's a state of mind; a state of mind that says anything is possible."


SEPTEMBER 18

Created by OnePlusYou

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Time for a "Week in Review" :)

I have continued to be angry and disappointed since the results of my xray.

In spite of that I did do another hour in the pool on Tuesday and then yesterday I did an hour in the pool at PT including getting some new exercises, immediately followed by an hour of yoga with Michael. By the time I got home my quads were literally shaking.

This morning I am a little stiff, but it's that good stiff. I haven't had that in a while since I've been "resting" the hip. I like it!

Dave (the PT) is optimistic that I can be in good enough condition to give the marathon a go.

While at yoga last night (which I really, really liked) the instructor asked us to hold a thought in our minds - a focus for our practice - during the class. I worked on forgiving my body for letting me down. I am in a little better place in my mind and heart as a result of that exercise.

This weekend I am at a workshop all day today followed by a massage, so no workout. Tomorrow I am planning on a bike ride - the first of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment