"I've learned that finishing a marathon isn't just an athletic achievement.
It's a state of mind; a state of mind that says anything is possible."


SEPTEMBER 18

Created by OnePlusYou

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Boxing Day

Every year when people start wishing a happy boxing day I have to google what it is. You can go hit up this wikipedia article if you need a reminder, too. :)

I ordered 2 books today:

Training for Mortals by John Bingham and Jenny Hadfield

The Non-Runner's Marathon Guide for Women

Thankfully they will both get here before Christmas break is over so I will have a chance to devour them before going back to school. The one is a training log, with "inspirational messages".

I have about 18 weeks before I will officially start training. I am going to clean up my nutrition a bit and try to get detoxed off ibuprofen as I think I'm starting to get some stomach upset from it. When I eat clean I can tolerate a lot more exercise without getting sore. This is a good thing b/c my shoulder and knees have not been loving my rigorous boxing gym workouts.

I also dusted off my Jonathan Roche interval training stuff so I can start working a bit on just overall speed and cardio.

It was excited today to get a message from a virtual friend, Angela, who is also turning 40 this year. She was so kind and offered up all kinds of support - including my favorite method of communication (texting!). Thanks, Angela!

I had a great, smack in the face, moment today that confirmed for me that I am on the right track. I was organizing some pictures in iPhoto and when we got to this one of me with Bill Nye the Science Guy taken in March 2005 (before the plantar fasciitis and weight gain).


Cman says, "Wow, Mom, you looked really good!" Notice the past tense. Time to make it the future tense, too. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, Angela is going to run a Half Marathon in Hawaii for HER 40th birthday. Yeah baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another oh yeah, it was sad to me that Christian doesn't remember me as the fit mommy I was when he was younger. Just the big, fat mommy of the past 4 years. :(

    ReplyDelete