"I've learned that finishing a marathon isn't just an athletic achievement.
It's a state of mind; a state of mind that says anything is possible."


SEPTEMBER 18

Created by OnePlusYou

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Getting Company!

I'm SO excited! My friend Ginger - who has successfully lost 70+ pounds and kept it off and now works as a personal trainer in addition to being a Navy wife - is going to come do the race with me! She lives in GA and I haven't seen her in five (I think) years. Ironically, or maybe perfectly, we met back on America Online on a diet buddy email list. So, 14 years later, here we will be!

In other, yet similar, news my friend Jen (pictured below at the Nike Women's Half Marathon this past October) is also in. And maybe her sister Meredith. Jen and Meredith and I all went to high school and college together. Jen ran the half in 2:40, so if I can just stay paced with her I'll be in GREAT shape!



I also think we have Jenny - a former coworker of mine and Kindergarten teacher extraordinaire - joining us.

On the other hand, my family (read: sisters, BILs, and parents) think I'm insane and have NO interest in joining me. Although I MIGHT be able to convince my middle sister Katherine to come run the 5K.

I walked for an hour in the cold today, too.

All in all, a good day (except for the argument with my sister and BIL, but that's a different topic and not one that I'll blog about since it's really just between us). :)

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I have a "you are insane" comment on my Facebook from one of my dearest friends too. I also have a "I'll be cheering you on!" from a former XO's wife who knew me when I was at my highest weight. The reactions of people are funny......

    I have decided I'm getting one of those 26.2 stickers to go on my car when we finish. I always envy those people with them.

    ReplyDelete