"I've learned that finishing a marathon isn't just an athletic achievement.
It's a state of mind; a state of mind that says anything is possible."


SEPTEMBER 18

Created by OnePlusYou

Saturday, March 13, 2010

t-188 days

The past couple of weeks have been kinda weird. I have felt so "on again/off again" with my mindset. I think I have worked out what a lot of that was about and have let it go. There is a bit of work stress and the regular home stress and then the dumb issue with my left leg. But there is progress and a plan on all the fronts, so I'll take it.

Speaking of the leg, it has been a weird experience in PT. In the past when I have done therapy on an injury it has been pretty straightforward. By that I mean that my presenting symptoms have followed a very predictable pattern of healing. This leg thing? Not at all. At first it was presenting like bursitis in my hip. All the pain in that area is gone and then the hip flexor/psoas seemed to be the problem. But then when we try to isolate the hip, it turns out to be more about my really deep abs and my inner thigh (aductor?). Crazy. Through all of this, my right leg feels great. Thank God for that!

My workouts haven't been as consistent, nor have I pushed as hard for the past 2 weeks. This week I had PT on Tuesday and Friday, I was sick on Monday, I worked out Wednesday and will work out today. I am having a hard time deciding if I count the PT as a workout...

Anyway, I hope that over the next week or so that we get the pain to resolve in my leg so I can get back to normal.

On the nutrition front it is still a bit disasterous. I am still in the "head examining" portion of coming up with a plan.

Oh yeah, the really big news? (Ok, it's all relative!) I will be registering for Top of Utah on payday (Mar 25). That also marks the first weekend (a few days later) of the training schedule.....

Here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment