"I've learned that finishing a marathon isn't just an athletic achievement.
It's a state of mind; a state of mind that says anything is possible."


SEPTEMBER 18

Created by OnePlusYou

Monday, March 29, 2010

Big Wins Today

Big Win #1 - Geneen Roth commented on my blog! THE Geneen Roth. Author of many books which I have owned and read and at least incorporated some of it into my life. I have NO idea how or what led her to it, but it was just amazing. And, yes, I am reading her latest book "Women, Food and God" at bedtime. I am just getting into the Part 2 - in which I think there are going to be some mental exercises described.

In case you are not familiar with Geneen Roth, in a nutshell she is all about understanding all the non-nutritional roles that food fills (When Food is Love). She was all about intuitive and mindful eating before it became trendy. :)

This leads me to Big Win #2 - saying "no, thank you" when offered the most yummy looking dessert pizza I have ever seen in my life. Why? Because after reading all the buzz generated by that CNN.com article about the addictive powers of junk food I have decided that it is probably in my best interest to try to avoid it.

Big Win #3 - I packed lots of healthy foods to take to school and remembered to eat when I was just starting to feel hungry instead of waiting till I was starving.

Big Win #4 - I have actually eaten 4 real servings of fruits and vegetables today. I was going to make some sort of comment about how it really should be better, but compared to 0, it's a big win.

And for the record, the Biggest Loser auditioning thing, it isn't so much about losing the weight as it is about having Jillian kick my a-- in the gym and me finally learning the tools I need to kick my compulsive eating to the curb. Now, the fact that major weight loss will happen at the same time? I'll take it. But, it's not the #1 thing I'm looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment