"I've learned that finishing a marathon isn't just an athletic achievement.
It's a state of mind; a state of mind that says anything is possible."


SEPTEMBER 18

Created by OnePlusYou

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Week 1 Galloway Training Program

It is the first week on the training schedule. I only got in one of my 30 minute walks instead of the 2 due to crazy after-school schedules this week. I discovered that with my hip thing (still ongoing) that running on the treadmill is not very comfortable. Today I am going to do my 3 mile "long" walk/run outside. The sun is out, it's cold (30's), it should be very nice. :)

I have to admit to freaking out a little and doing some self-sabotaging this week on the food/workout front. It's so silly because I KNOW I can do this. I KNOW this is my time. And yet, I still get that part of me that rebels.

Bedtime reading: Women, Food and God by Geneen Roth.

AND, I made a Facebook fan page to promote myself for Biggest Loser 10. If you would be so kind as to run to run over there and post a comment about why you think I would make a great contestant, I would sure appreciate it! The page is called "Help JEN get on Biggest Loser 10!" in case the link doesn't work. :)

EDIT: Just back from my 3 miles. My average pace was 18:03/mile. I was hoping for a negative split - which I got. But, I don't think my usual route over by the Trax station is doing my hip any favors, too much of a grade on the trail so my left hip is above my right hip for most of the walk. So, I may need to find a new "by my house" route.... I feel like I have a long way to go - literally and figuratively - but I'm optimistic.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Jen:

    I'm pleased to see your bedtime reading consists of my new book Women Food and God. I hope that it eases your struggle. Perhaps it will reach you and speak to you in ways that you have never imagined. I hope so. My best in all your endeavors.

    Geneen Roth

    P.S. Oh, and I would love to stay connected with you via Facebook if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete