"I've learned that finishing a marathon isn't just an athletic achievement.
It's a state of mind; a state of mind that says anything is possible."


SEPTEMBER 18

Created by OnePlusYou

Sunday, January 31, 2010

another week and the end of January

I can hardly believe that it is already the end of January. As I posted earlier in the week I have learned a lot this month - I think the two most important lessons are to take my scheduled rest seriously and not to get too far ahead of myself comparing where I am to where I want to be.

There is still a lot of time. And I don't have to change anything for the month of February.

Here is this week's final summary:
Monday - 60 minutes @ Bressler's
Tuesday - 30 minutes on treadmill (with extra points since it was 6am)
Wednesday - 40 minutes @ Bressler's
Thursday - 35 minutes on treadmill (with extra points since it was 6am)
Friday - REST
Saturday - 1 hour on treadmill followed by 1 hour @ Bressler's
WEEK TOTAL: 290 fitness minutes

The scale hasn't really changed at all this week - or this month - but I am getting more tone. I think I am looking pretty good through the face and just below the boobs. Not ready to change pant sizes yet.

Things I am learning about food:
Too many refined carbs = heartburn.
I do not like gyoza from Sushi Express.
The donuts from Beyond Glaze are not as good as they used to be.
One chocolate donut from Winder on Friday is really enough.
One slice of good pizza is far more satisfying than several slices of ok pizza.
I feel better in the morning if I don't eat after 7pm.

In other news, I think I have another person convinced to join us in Logan - my neighbor Mindy. As she put it, "I've never been to a 26.2 mile birthday party!" :)

OH YEAH - this week's quote, "No one's training program goes exactly as planned. Be ready at any point to rethink your goals."

No comments:

Post a Comment