"I've learned that finishing a marathon isn't just an athletic achievement.
It's a state of mind; a state of mind that says anything is possible."


SEPTEMBER 18

Created by OnePlusYou

Thursday, January 7, 2010

first treadmill workout of 2010

I successfully got up and got to the gym at 6am. I had everything laid out last night to make it easier. I remembered to eat a little something (half a yogurt) and take some water. I wore my HR monitor and had my iPod all scrolled up to my Jonathan Roche Interval workout.

True confession time - I have not been on a treadmill in YEARS - like it was in that life BPF (Before Plantar Fasciitis). Thankfully, I am pretty aware of my walking pace from having trained for and walked a half marathon.

Another true confession - I was pretty sure that my AT (Anabolic Threshold) was lower than what my latest calculated one (158) - as I haven't trained that way since before my hyst last March.

So, I knew that today was going to be kind of like a pre-test. Let's see what I can do.

With all of that laid out, here's how I did.

I did my warmup at a 2.0 incline and a speed of 2.5. This was very comfortable. For my intervals I played with the incline and the speed. 3.0 on both incline and speed were good for those medium-hard intervals. For the hard intervals at the end of the workout I experimented a little with speed and even some jogging. My fast walking speed/slow jog speed is 3.5. The last interval was hard. HARD.

Total it was about 40 minutes and about 2 miles.

When I put the info from my HR monitor into my Momentum software it suggested that I use 152 as my AT, so I'll make that adjustment for next time.

So, I'm pretty happy overall on a lot of fronts: I did it, I did it at 6AM, I did NOT overwork, I did push myself appropriately, I know where I'm at relative to where I need to get. I'll take it. :)

1 comment:

  1. This is really great! Good job! That 6am thing. Whew. That's about 3 hours after my normal bedtime.

    That's alotta good stuff in one hour. Looking forward to hearing what's next.

    :)

    ReplyDelete