"I've learned that finishing a marathon isn't just an athletic achievement.
It's a state of mind; a state of mind that says anything is possible."


SEPTEMBER 18

Created by OnePlusYou

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

two questions that are changing my life

I was laying in bed getting ready to doze off when I remembered this video that @ddraper brought to my attention at the end of last week. I remember talking to Damien a little about it while we were hitting mitts on Saturday. And then suddenly this blog entry took over my mind and I had to come get it all out. :)

Here is the video.

Two questions that can change your life from Daniel Pink on Vimeo.


Of course, this begs the question, "What's your sentence, Jen?"

Professionally it was easy: "13 years of teaching kids to love mathematics - and counting!" The pun is essential to this sentence since it captures that piece of irreverence that is such a integral part of how I am wired.

I've been working on my sentence for my "job" as a mom and my "job" as an individual.

As a mom it's something about loving my boys with all that I am and doing what I can to lead them down the path towards autonomy and their own sentences.

As an individual it has everything to do with answering the second question, "Am I better today than I was yesterday?" It has something to do with the byline of this blog: reaching for the best shape of my life by my birthday. But I think there is also a part of being that runner, that cyclist, that boxer, that athlete, that football mom, the teacher, the mother, the lover (dare I wish for that?)....

So, that is what I am ruminating on as my clock approaches the 240 day mark.

What is YOUR sentence?

No comments:

Post a Comment