"I've learned that finishing a marathon isn't just an athletic achievement.
It's a state of mind; a state of mind that says anything is possible."


SEPTEMBER 18

Created by OnePlusYou

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

less than 250 days

Less than 250 days.

I know I already said that.

But, it's less than 250 days away.

And I still have time before the "real" training begins.

But, I'm getting a little nervous. Antsy is more the word for it. And some of the "what ifs" are dancing in my head. "What if" I get hurt during training? "What if" I can't get my speed up? "What if" I end up hating this? "What if" my schedule ends up messed up and I can't train? "What if......."

Then there's the part of me that is going "let's start let's start let's start let's start....." I wanna run. I wanna get fast(er). I wanna work. I wanna sweat. I wanna plan my long workouts.... I wanna go go go go go.

And then there's this one other thing - my real life local friends that have committed to do this crazy thing with me, I think they want to train with me, too, but I've gotten to be a big fan of the long, solo workout. Jen and I usually start at the same time and end at the same time but spend a lot of time going at our own paces. I've gotten so I really like that. That time alone with my thoughts and my music and my blood pumping and all that. So, I'm not sure how to handle that when it comes up. Guess I'll cross/burn that bridge when I come to it.

T-11 weeks until Week 1 of the training program. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment