"I've learned that finishing a marathon isn't just an athletic achievement.
It's a state of mind; a state of mind that says anything is possible."


SEPTEMBER 18

Created by OnePlusYou

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

one month down

So, I got this little note from Angela on Facebook this week (thanks for the accountability!) and thought it was worth actually being reflective. Here goes.





Training is ok. I have been getting 4-5 workouts in each week. I have been on the treadmill. I have hit a good balance between pushing myself and not overdoing. (Remember, I want to make it to my birthday withOUT an overuse injury!)

I have not yet bought a Garmin. I was planning on doing that with my tax refund, but we made $400 into the next tax bracket and now OWE almost $2000 in taxes. That is majorly frustrating to me, especially since I took a CUT in pay since August. Grumble, grumble, grumble.

I have been freaking out about my speed, or lack thereof, the past week or so. In my mind I am ready to start jogging. I want to start cranking out at least a 15 minute pace on the treadmill. But I know that I am too heavy to do that to my joints at this point. So, more waiting.

I have to trust this process and remind myself that I have TIME.

The plan for February is to continue in this groove. Boxing on Mon, Wed, Sat; walking on Tues, Thurs, Sat; rest on Fri and Sun.

I am also giving myself permission to wait until March to really work the nutrition piece.

1 comment:

  1. I think consistency is good. I did a run yesterday at 30 minute mile pace -- I had the two dogs with me. Thank goodness I have a garmin FR60 (no GPS) which showed me a graph of the walk - start - stop - start -stop... and let me know that my peak speed was a 14 minute mile -- so I know that I can get there....

    ReplyDelete