"I've learned that finishing a marathon isn't just an athletic achievement.
It's a state of mind; a state of mind that says anything is possible."


SEPTEMBER 18

Created by OnePlusYou

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Week in Review 1/24

This week has been an interesting mix of pushing myself and allowing myself to rest. I was happy when I finally gave into the notion that I may have been overtraining and that I needed to take some rest time to get my head back into the game. The irritability and the dull ache in my knee/quad/hip were what finally pushed me over the edge.

From a workout point of view this is what I got done:
Monday: 40 minutes at Bressler's - worked with Damien on correcting my form to take the pressure off my knee/quad/hip
Tuesday: off (had dental work done and didn't feel very good)
Wednesday: 30 minutes at Bressler's - I was actually there for more like an hour, but stood around talking for a lot of the time
Thursday: 30 minute interval workout on the treadmill
Friday: 50 minutes at Bressler's
Saturday and Sunday: Off - including a wonderful 90 minute massage

TOTAL Fitness Minutes this week: 150
YEAR TO DATE: 650 minutes

Nutrition has been up and down. I am definitely noticing that my physical appetite is satisfied with a LOT less food. That's not to say that I'm doing a good job of listening to my stomach and not over-eating, but that will come. I have struggled a bit with the emotional eating this week, too. But I think that being worn out had a lot to do with that.

For this last week of January the plan is boxing on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday; intervals on Tuesday and Thursday; steady state medium cardio on treadmill on Saturday; rest on Friday and Sunday.

The quote for this week was, "Don't get so focused on the road ahead that you forget to look around." When I finally gave in and embraced the resting weekend I remembered to do this. When I look around where I am right now I see two great sons, a wonderful pair of puppies and cats, a job that I love, a body that will do a lot of what I ask it to, a great house and terrific friends. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment