"I've learned that finishing a marathon isn't just an athletic achievement.
It's a state of mind; a state of mind that says anything is possible."


SEPTEMBER 18

Created by OnePlusYou

Saturday, January 2, 2010

the plan for jan - 39 weeks to the race

In the spirit of using this year to learn and grow I need to come face to face with my tendency to go overboard, overtrain, and then get hurt.

What I have been doing is averaging three hours at the boxing gym a week for just over a month now.

I am going to stick with that on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday for right now. It is super fun, recreational fitness. It is low impact and works more on my upper body.

I have tons of time to get there (the starting line) from here. And I have an intermediate goal of wanting to ride in Little Red.

With ALL of that in mind, here is the plan for Jan:
  • Monday, Wednesday, Saturday: boxing gym
  • Tuesday and Thursday: interval training workout (bike once, treadmill once)
  • Sunday: optional walk and coffee with Jen/rest
  • Friday: mandatory rest
A final note, as much as I want to start jogging, I am going to force myself NOT to for this month. Slow and steady.....

No comments:

Post a Comment