"I've learned that finishing a marathon isn't just an athletic achievement.
It's a state of mind; a state of mind that says anything is possible."


SEPTEMBER 18

Created by OnePlusYou

Sunday, January 17, 2010

week 2 in review

I had a total of 255 fitness minutes this week. 30 of them were on the bike and the rest were at the boxing gym. I average 750 calories per hour working out so that makes about 3000 calories burned for the week. Theoretically that's a pound burned off. We'll take it.

My left leg (knee, quad and hip) is a little tweaky and I finally figured out that it's because when I'm supposed to be pivoting on it from the ankle I'm actually doing more from the knee and hip. (I am numb in most of my left ankle from a tib/fib fracture in '95.) Keeping it taped and doing more treadmill and less boxing will help, too. But that's what I need to start doing anyway.

One thing I like about my training log is that it has these motivational quotes on each page. This week's was, "In the beginning there was you. You'll the YOU that you are now and make it the YOU that you're going to be. But throughout the journey, you are all you'll ever need."

I am in this for ME. I can do it.

1 comment:

  1. i learn a little more about you with each post. was not aware of the tib fracture. battered and bruise, i love that you still go on!

    ReplyDelete