"I've learned that finishing a marathon isn't just an athletic achievement.
It's a state of mind; a state of mind that says anything is possible."


SEPTEMBER 18

Created by OnePlusYou

Sunday, January 24, 2010

I did it!

I rested.

I realized that my body an emotions were trying to tell me something (rest!!!!) and I listened.

I really wanted to go to Bressler's yesterday morning. I really wanted to hit some mitts and visit with people. But I didn't do it.

Instead, I booked a hair cut/color, a brow wax and a 90 minute massage and planned an early bedtims.

This morning, I look great, my body feels good, my head is more clear and I know when Monday rolls around and I go back to the grind it will be all good.

Today is more lazing around - coffee with Jen, a trip to the store and some paperwork for school.

Lesson learned: take the rest days!

No comments:

Post a Comment